An e-test is any test that replicates or replaces paper based tests with a computer screen, also referred to an on-screen tests. On-screen tests are the transfer of paper tests to computer with little or no change to their appearance on paper. Other on-screen tests incorporate variations that could not be easily replicated on paper, such as video or audio clips, and animated quizzes.
Benefits Of E-Testing
Learners can also benefit from the flexibility offered by e-testing.
- Times and locations of tests can be aligned with work and study patterns.
- Immediacy of results and feedback allows instant progress reports.
- Re-sits of exams can be taken straight away, if necessary.
- Increased opportunity to develop IT skills.
After an E-Test
- Transmitting student details and responses.
- Storing response files at centres.
- Feedback to students.