Simply, e-learning is training provided via a computer or other digital device, allowing technology to facilitate learning anytime, anywhere. Elearning takes many different forms Active learning, Bite-size learning, Blended learning, Distance learning, Online training, Rapid e-learning.
Importance of e-learningOverall, traditional learning is expensive, takes a long time and the results can vary. The importance of e-learning is now a given fact and it can offer an alternative that is much faster, cheaper and potentially better. In the fast-paced world of e-learning, the available technologies to make a course new and exciting are always changing, and course content can and should be updated quickly to give students the very latest information. This is especially important if the e-learning training is being given to employees in a sector where keeping up-to-date on industry developments is of the utmost importance. This is one of the reasons why many schools are now offering training via e-learning other reasons include low costs and the ability for students to study in their own time and place.
Advantages of e-learning
- The lower cost to train large group of people.
- The quicker potential pace of delivery.
- The lower environment impact due to less printing and travel for learners.
- You are able to link the various resources in several varying formats.
- Due to its convenience and flexibility, the resources in several varying formats.
- Everyone, who are part time students or are working full time, can take advantage of web-based learning. Web based learning promotes active and independent learning.
- As you have access to the internet 24x7, you can train yourself anytime and anywhere.
- It is a very convenient and flexible option; above all, you don’t have to depend on anyone for anything. Not only you can train yourself on day to day basis, but also on weekends or whenever you have free time.