Odisha - Sample Papers - Board Papers
The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha is a Body Corporate constituted under the Odisha Secondary Education Act, 1953. It regulates, controls and developes Secondary Education in the State of Odisha. It Provides varied courses in order to equip students for different occupations, to prepare them for University education and to equip them for various cultural purposes. It examines those who have completed a prescribed course of study and awards certificates to the successful candidates. Besides, it does all other things which are incidental to the above.
Function of the BoardThe major functions of the Board are :
- To conduct High School Certificate Examinations (H.S.C.E.) and examinations of other courses prescribed by the Board.
- To prepare courses of studies, text books, teaching materials etc.
- To publish and distribute/sell text books, syllabuses, lesson notes, work books and other related materials.
- To issue certificates of the examinations conducted by the Board and equivalence certificate to the examinations of other State Boards.
- To recognise the secondary schools for the examinations of the Board.
- To make regulations for undertaking different functions of the Board.
- To take care of Secondary Education through Orientation Programmes, Refresher Courses and other academic programmes.
Exam PatternNew Regulations for the H.S.C. Examination, 1081 Onwards
- The Board shall conduct the High School Certificate Examination twice a year. The first examination shall be called the Annual Examination and the Second Examination shall be called the Supplementary Examination 'Provided that the Board may conduct more than one such Annual and Supplementary Examinations if so directed by the State Government'
- The above examination shall be held at such centres as the Examination Committee may, from time to time, fix and on such dates and time as the Committee may appoint.
- The High School Certificate Examination shall be so designed as to be a test of all round general education which would enable the student either to enter the working force or to take up higher level academic and vocational courses.
- The examination shall be conducted by written tests, practical tests and/or internal assessment and shall be in accordance with such instructions as may be issued by the Examination Committee from time to time and shall be according to the courses of studies prescribed.
- Award of marks or grades to a candidate in different subjects of examination will be based on his intelligent appreciation and understanding of the subjects.
- The High School Certificate Examination shall be open to the following categories of candidates.