The Bihar Board conducts Secondary (Class X) and Senior Secondary (Class XII) Board examinations in both government and private schools of Bihar. The exams are generally conducted in the month of February/March every year. The board also conducts Supplementary School Examination in the month of August/September on the basis of course/syllabus announced by the state Government.
- Bihar Board conducts the final examinations for Class 10 and Class 12 every year in the month of March
- The results are announced by the end of May
- Students who will be appearing for the Bihar Board examination in 2018 have 50% objective questions in all the subjects
- The subjects with practicals have 35% objective questions, along with a written paper of 70 marks
- However, subjects with no provision of practicals will have 50 objective type questions
- Regional language papers will also carry 50% objective type questions
- For a subjects like music, there will be a 30 mark paper of which there will be 14 objective type questions
- Other vocational subjects will be of 100 marks and it will also have 50 objective type questions
- The objective question in every subject of the Bihar Board examination will be of one mark each, for which the student will be provided with an OMR sheet.